With our busy lives and hectic schedules, buying a new mattress tends to be at the bottom of our list of things to do. This is further compounded by fact that most people are unaware of when their current mattress is due for an upgrade.
Following are some helpful pointers:
- Consider the age of your current mattress: Good Quality mattresses can last up to 10 years. Some mattresses, especially budget mattresses, will have lifespan of +- 5years. This can vary from person to person depending on individual weights and how well mattress was looked after.
- Take a look at your mattress: If your mattress shows drastic signs of sagging where you sleep or appears lumpy.. this might be time for a new mattress.
- Listen for noise: Mattresses are generally noise free, so if your mattress makes loud noises or creaking sounds, its means it’s probably worn out and needs replacing.
- Consider your quality of sleep: How well do you sleep? Are you constantly tossing and turning to find comfortable sleeping position? This might be caused by mattress being worn and will need replacing.
- Feeling refreshed in morning?: How do you feel in morning? Do you wake up tired, achy sore or stiff? It might be caused by your old, unsupportive mattress.
- Sleep Elsewhere: No folks, this is not an invitation to go jumping into a strangers bed! Rather take a short vacation or spend a night or 2 in another mattress. If your sleep is better, it means your mattress needs replacing.
- Consider what grows inside your old mattress: Scary as it may sound, Bed Bugs, bacteria, mould, allergens and Dust Mites breed inside your mattress. Health Professionals advise to not use a mattress longer than 10 years because of what grows inside your mattress.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.